"Trans Party"! All trans musician concert and party hosted by Frameline!

Last night Frameline hosted one of the funnest trans music parties ever called "Trans Party" at the chic hot spot "Supperclub". The party was immediately following the festival's screening of "Riot Acts: Flaunting Gender Variance in Music Performance", called a "transfabulous rocku-mentary", and featured many popular trans performers including Katastophe, Joshua Klipp, Lipstick Conspiracy, Shawna Virago who all performed on stage at "Trans Party".



Hanging out with the all trans girl rock band Lipstick Conspiracy. They opened up the lineup, and were on fire!



With my friend, music artist and dancer Joshua Klipp (middle)



Singer Joshua Klipp ended the concert, and of course all the girls rushed him after his set! Klipp is a favorite of MTV's Logo, and is a regular on Logo's "New, Now, Next" music show, and even hosts the show from time to time. Check him out: http://www.myspace.com/cutelittlewhiteguy.

The all trans girl rock band "Lipstick Conspiracy" opened up the concert for a whole hour. Listen to their music: http://www.myspace.com/lipstickconspiracy

With activist Allison D. Laureano and musician Imogen Binnie

I saw my friend Imogen Binnie, a punk rock musician and trans advocate. She was one of my first friends I met the first time I came to San Fran. I came to SF a few years ago for the Transgender Leadership Summit, and she was sitting next to me in a workshop, and we both had similar ideas and clicked. I kid with her and call her "the trans Chloe Sevigny", which she totally looks like! Last year Imogen performed a song at the Trans March that protested the anti-trans slur "tra**y", and I was happy she understood the stigma and dehumanization that the pejorative inspires.

Trans musician pioneer Shawna Virago rocks the house at the "Trans Party"